Consider These Alternatives To Your Budget To Fund A Custom Smartphone App for your Emergency Management Agency…
Funding can be a challenge to overcome when your agency is trying to implement new opportunities. As the fiscal year end is quickly approaching, it may be time to rely on your budget, but there are alternatives to consider as well. Our current customers have partnered with our communication strategists to fund a custom smartphone app through a variety of ways. These range from grants to sponsorships with local businesses that promote their county’s agency.
Our communication strategists are more than willing to work with your Emergency Management Agency personally to find the right alternative source of funding. Let’s consider some options…
– Federal Grants: There are numerous opportunities to gain funding from the federal level. Many of our clients have been awarded these grants, including:
- State Homeland Security Program (SHSP): The SHSP assists state, tribal and local preparedness activities that address high-priority preparedness gaps across all core capabilities and mission areas where a nexus to terrorism exists.
- Statewide Emergency Management Performance Grant Program (EMPG) : The purpose of the EMPG Program is to provide Federal grants to states to assist state, local, territorial, and tribal governments in preparing for all hazards
- To learn about other options visit: https://www.fema.gov/grants
– State/Local Grants: Grants are not just awarded at the federal level. There are many local and state grants that fund similar capabilities that federal funds do for emergency management agencies. These grants can be used for various opportunities such as special projects and innovation. Many of our clients have worked with our communication strategists to find more information about these.
- Safety Grants
- Technology Grants
- Security Grants
– Local Business Sponsorships: Have you ever thought about partnering with a LEPC (Local Emergency Planning Committee) that promotes your county’s Emergency Management Agency? We have had clients that fund their custom app with the help of a local business, and then create an advertisement within the app. These partnerships could also focus on particular features within the app that the business is passionate about.